* From the AP, a proposition on Missouri ballots would create stricter laws for commercial dog breeders, calling for restricting numbers of breeding pairs, enlarging living quarters, requiring veterinary care and creating a misdemeanor crime for “puppy mill cruelty.” A good start? Or not hardly enough?
* How long is the world’s longest cat? According to Fox-11 online–and the Guiness Book of World Records– 48 and 1/2 inches from nose to tail. The record-holder is Stewie, a five-year old Maine Coon Cat.
* The Washington Post tells us about a Maryland company, Dogs Finding Drugs, which is renting their drug-sniffing dogs to parents who want to locate their teens’ stashes.
* Ever felt the need to thoroughly analyze the rate at which a wet dog must shake in order to shed droplets of water from its coat? Want to hear a scientist thoroughly discuss this phenomenon on NPR? Or would you just like to see cute video of the wet dog shake?
* Cute pig alert! Check out the piggie in wellies from Life magazine!
* More cute. Cute puppy alert!